close menu
This website uses cookies to store your accessibility preferences. No personal / identifying information is stored. More info.

Public Health

There are many government and non-profit programs available to the residents of Big Bend and the surrounding region regarding their health and well-being. The closest and most comprehensive set of programs is provided through Waukesha County Health and Human Services


Human Services Center
Address: 514 Riverview Ave., Waukesha, WI 53188
Phone: (262) 548-7212
Call: (262) 548-7212
Fax: (262) 548-7379
Call: (262) 548-7379

Business Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
After hours dial 211 or dial (414) 455-1736
or toll free at 1-866-211-3380
Call: 1-866-211-3380

dhs-logoThe Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) is another great resource for all Wisconsin Residents. Many programs which can be larger and very well-funded can be found through this agency.
The Department of Health Services is committed to supporting economic prosperity and quality of life by protecting and promoting the health and safety of the people of Wisconsin. To accomplish this in the most efficient and cost-effective manner possible by providing high-quality valuable services to the citizens of Wisconsin while wisely spending taxpayer dollars, the Department is focusing its efforts on implementing the following initiatives:

bclogoBadger Care Plus is a program through the Wisconsin Department of Health Services which provides many medical services and assistance to low income residents of Wisconsin. BadgerCare Plus covers health care services like:

  • Check-ups, shots (immunizations), prenatal care and other preventive and wellness doctor visits,
  • Emergency department visits,
  • Hospital care,
  • Maternity and newborn care,
  • Mental health, behavioral health and substance abuse treatment,
  • Prescription drugs,
  • Rehabilitation services and devices,
  • Lab visits and x-ray service

Please read on through the program’s informational flyer or on their Website.